“We made steampunk street decoration out of washing machine drums for the festival of São Pedro in the town of Câmara de Lobos, Madeira island, Portugal. It took about 6 months to collect 133 washing machines.
Many of them were found in the street meant for garbage, some were donated by owners who couldn’t use them anymore. Initially, we targeted for 100 drums but once the number was reached, the washing machines kept coming.
We are a cultural association Teatro Metaphora – associação de amigos das artes, and one of our goals is promotion of ecological well-being and responsible usage of materials.”
- Cyberpunk prototype, surreal hybrid of man and machine by visionary artist Kazuhiko Nakamura
- Elwira Pawlikowska: handmade illustrations for Steampunk Playing Cards
- Let’s get steampunk! Sculptures by Pierre Matter
- Steampunk playing cards designed by Alex Beltechi
- Steampunk animal and insect sculptures by Igor Verniy
- Stylised photo portraits of Australian women of colour
- Portuguese dream in beautiful architectural watercolors by Viktoria Kravchenko