Unique hand made balls, bowls and sculptures made from keys, reclaimed copper pipe, wire and coins for the house and garden. If you wish to personalise your items or have express postage see “options” section in the shop.
“Not so long ago, when I was supposed to be cleaning out my shed, I came across some old copper pipe saved from a previous renovation. I cut it up into rings and started making it into spheres. The first ones were a bit rough but once I worked out the technique I got creative.
I’m a bit of a hoarder and searched around for all those old keys and copper wire, that were no longer needed, and got creative with them as well. I’ve progressed from making spheres, to footballs and bowls as well as angles and brooches.
Recently a work mate gave me some copper coins and I had to have a go with these…
I’m a self taught woodworker from way back, and a bit of a photographer, but am really enjoying the challenge of working with new materials and building a new set of skills.
After the first few balls made from keys, my neighbour started calling in and saying “Hey Moerkey, made any more balls lately” and hence the name for the shop.
I enjoy my shed time, pottering around and creating interesting items and take great delight in the response of people when they see and feel the creations I make.”
View more and buy from etsy.com
- Bruno Torfs, sculpture garden
- Bolt poetry, unusually emotional sculptures by Tobbe Malm
- Joyful 3D characters, illustration by Jonathan Ball
- Derek Kinzett, intricate wire sculptures
- Minimalistic wire mesh sculptures by Lene Kilde
- Amazing meticulous miniature pencil sculptures by Dalton J. Paul Getty
- Paper brought to life. The amazing papercraft skills of Richard Wong