“For me the symbiosis, the unity of art, is the combination of graphic, painting, plastic (sculpture) and architectural elements. This is the strong effect of wall-painting, mosaics and decorative arts. The stylistic characteristics of my paintings are directly connected to my main specialization – decorative elements, stylized iconographic images and a rich variety of colors.
What inspires me? Bright, infinite sunlight subconsciously affects me, so that I render a mood of multi-colored harmony and spiritual imagery. An artist is influenced by his surroundings. Both nature and people have their influence. I am not drawing from nature – all of my paintings are a product of my imagination. The painter is a psychologist. In the process of drawing, I explore the connections between my spirituality and the images that I create, seeking the balance of composition, the harmony of color and shape, and last but not least, the message that I have to give the viewer.
A painting is like music and poetry – it creates a mood, it gives people the ability to dream; without dreams, one is a like a bird with broken wings.”
Evgeni K. Andreev: portfolio
- Paintings by Mercedes Urda
- Siamese watercolor by Rachel Parker
- Jean-Baptiste Valadié, paintings
- A murder of silhouettes, semi-abstract images by Javier Molina
- Animal series by Rob Kemerink
- A journey into the mysterious world painted by Nathan Spoor
- Imagination vs reality, drawing vs photography, pencil vs camera by Ben Heine